There is nothing more horrible than having dark spots. It makes your beautiful face look too bad. However, the good news is that these spots can be lightened and even eliminated. To restore that glowing complexion, learn how to get rid of dark spots on face through this article.
How To Remove Dark Spots On Face?
Dark spots have its other name as “marks” or “dark patches”, which usually appear on the face. It occurs due to excess melanin secretion on your skin. Few factors that make this condition to happen include
- Excess exposure to pollution
- Prolonged exposure to sunlight
- Hormonal imbalance
- Lack of good sleep
- Not being hydrated
- Vitamin Deficiencies
- Unhealthy eating habits
Though it isn’t an harmful condition but dark spots on face can make you feel embarrassed. At times, people might feel less confident to communicate with others. It lowers your self-esteem. Happily, there are many treatments to help you out. The ones I am listing you over here are 100% natural, safe and effective. Try these and tell us in comments section, which worked the best for you.
1. Fresh Lemon Juice
If you have a sensitive skin, avoid using this tip, as it can irritate you skin deeply. Dark spots can be easily lightened by applying fresh lemon juice on it. The reason is the presence of vitamin-C in them.
You Will Need
- Fresh juice of lemon – 1
- Cotton ball
- Squeeze out the juice from a lemon in a clean small bowl
- Dab in some using a cotton ball
- Apply it directly on your dark spots but be gentle while rubbing
- Let it dry for a while (15 minutes)
- Wash off using cold water
- Repeat this for 2 weeks, without missing a day to see fast results
If you have a sensitive or delicate skin and still would want try this remedy, consider diluting lemon juice with normal water, honey or rosewater before applying on your face. This will avoid irritation or itching.
Just like lemons, even oats are admired for skin lightening properties. In fact, they are great for exfoliating the skin. It not only removes black marks but also dead skin cells. Just make this natural oatmeal face pack and apply it regularly to lighten your dark patches. Follow the below listed instructions
You Will Need
- Oats – ½ cup
- Lemon juice – 3 or 4 tablespoons
- First, grind ½ cup rolled oats finely using a mixer
- Add the lemon juice into it so that it forms a fine smooth paste
- Scrub your skin gently
- Wash off with lukewarm water after it dries
Do this on alternate days or thrice a week to see best results.
Since it is about how to get rid of dark spots on face, hummus is something I cannot miss writing about. This tip is something people might not know. Hummus, a food dip, made from Garbanzo beans (otherwise called chickpeas), is not only yummy but also great for treating black spots. Garbanzo beans flour, often known as gram flour or chickpea flour is great exfoliating agent, which helps in removing dead skin cells and evens your skin tone by eliminating dark marks. Thereby, leaving a flawless skin. But for this, you require making basic hummus first. Here is the recipe for it:
You Will Need
- Tahini – ¼ cup
- Garbanzo beans or chickpeas – 1 cup
- Cook the chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- Use food processor to blend the entire cooked beans so that it makes up into a fine smooth paste
- Add tahini into the prepared paste
- Mix some water into the mixture. This gives a thick consistency
Next follow the below listed instructions to remove all the dark spots on your face
Different Methods To Use Hummus
- With the above prepared 1-cup hummus, add 1 cup fresh lemon juice. If you are using ½ cup hummus, add ½ cup lemon juice. The proportions have to be equal here. Mix it well and then apply onto your face. Leave for 20 minutes. Wash with water.
- Add fresh onion juice (of 1) into above prepared 1-cup hummus. Mix 1 or 2 teaspoon ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) into this. Combine the ingredients well & apply on your face. Let it be there for 30 minutes at least. Wash off using warm water.
- Take 5 or 6 garlic cloves & crush them so that you get a paste. Combine this with sufficient amounts of hummus. Apply this on your face, while concentrating more on your dark patches. Leave it for about 30 minutes and wash off.
Believe it or not, almonds have amazing skin lightening properties. They work like wonder on dark spots. To use this remedy, follow the below listed instructions
You Will Need
- Almonds – 8 to 10
- Milk – ½ cup
- Sandalwood powder – 1 teaspoon
- Honey – ½ teaspoon
- Soak the almonds in milk and leave it overnight
- Next morning, peel its skin & grind them to form a smooth paste
- Add sandalwood powder & honey into it
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Apply the paste on your face and leave it for 30 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water
- Repeat this thrice a week to see best results
Your veggie drawer is yet another useful source for treating your dark spots. Yes, I am talking about potatoes here. They are well known for natural bleaching properties. Moreover, they are packed with whole lot of minerals, fatty acids, vitamins, phytochemicals like carotenoids & polyphenols. Now, with treasures like Vitamin-C, potassium, B-complex, calcium, magnesium, zinc and phosphorus, potatoes can stimulate collagen & elastin synthesis, which in turn gives an even-toned complexion. The natural enzymes, starches and sugars in potatoes work with vitamin-C to slough off dead cells. Thereby, diminishing black spots within less time. Follow the below listed instructions to try this remedy
You Will Need
- Fresh potatoes – 2 or 3
- Honey – ½ or 1-teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 4 to 5 drops
- First, grate the fresh potatoes & extract its juice using clean cloth or sieve
- Mix lemon juice & honey into it
- Apply the mixture on your face
- Let it be there for around 20 minutes
- Wash off with warm water