Scratching hair in places where people are many feels quite embarrassing as it comes with adverse effects. An itchy scalp can make an individual to lose his/her confidence and respect. This will definitely make one feel uncomfortable and might make him/her afraid to face other people. Most people fail to know the reason behind itchiness, well, it is as a result of a range of factors; for instance, poor hair care, dry scalp, fungus, imbalanced diet, viral infections, dandruff to mention but a few. Below are points that illustrate remedies for itchy scalp
How to get rid of Itchy scalp
- The constituents of tea tree oil are natural antifungal, antibacterial properties as well as anti-inflammatory that have successfully worked in treating itchy scalp. Well, the oil must be applied on a daily basis for better results. Research shows that this remedy can be effective after a period of two to three weeks. The processes are as easy as mixing two drops of the tea tree oil with vegetable oil and use the mixture to massage. One can also consider putting ten to twenty drops of tea tree oil in a half-cup baby shampoo and use to clean the scalp on a daily basis until the itches heal.
- Did you know that aloe Vera can also be used as an itchy scalp remedy? Well, it has outstanding healing ability since research has it that aloe Vera can heal up to forty diseases. Since it feels bitter in the mouth, one can easily grind a piece of aloe vera, obtain its juice, mix with eggs and apply the mixture on the affected parts. After rubbing the mixture on the scalp, wait for ten to two minutes and wash the head with hair shampoo and later rinse it with cold water. Other than rubbing, one can alos drink it and let the disease be healed first from inside which is the best because it wont reappear again.
- Itchy scalp can also be corrected through using lemon fruit. It can be applied directly by rubbing the lemon fruit on the affected parts by cutting it it two and letting the juice penetrate the pores to heal the scalp. This is mainly because lemon fruit has antiseptic properties that will stop the itches without hesitation. After applying the juice, wash the head using hair shampoo and conditioner and rinse it with clean cold water to refresh the head. Afterwards, massage it gently to enhance circulation. This activity should be repeated for a period of two to three days.
- Did you know that imbalanced diet also causes scalp to itch? Well, research shows that a well balanced diet will not only help the body to achieve that healthy look, but, a healthy look is also achieved when the hair is smart and clean. For instance, it is vital to drink a lot of water as well as eating a lot of fruits that will prevent instances of itchy scalp.
- Baking soda has also been since used as one of the best remedies for itchy scalp. Other than its ability to stop itchy scalp, it is also a readily available ingredient that exfoliates the scalp thus preventing fungi from overreacting thus causing dandruff. It can be used in several ways, for instance, mixing it with water, applying directly on the scalp, wait for ten to twenty minutes then clean the scalp using mild shampoo. To achieve best results, it is advisable that one applies olive oil on the scalp prior to applying the baking soda mixture. Another way of using baking soda paste is through soaking it directly onto the skin, waits for ten to twenty minutes for the reaction to take place then rinse using clean water. In order for this process to be effective, it should be done repeatedly until the itching stops.
- How about using vinegar that contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties? Well, vinegar can get rid of yeast that develops into itchy scalp and it vinegar is used for a period of time, its seizes itching scalp. Moreover, other than killing the virus, vinegar is basic thus balances PH levels of scalp thus relieving it from itching. Even though most people find it difficult to find cider vinegar, it is one of the best ways of dealing with itchy scalp. This process takes place in the illustrated procedure:
- Rinse the scalp with clean water and allow it to dry
- Mix water and an equal amount of apple cider vinegar, using a spare bottle, spray the scalp thoroughly using the cotton balls.
- Clean the scalp using a mild shampoo and rinse using clean water after ten to twenty minutes.
- The remedy should be repeated on a daily basis until the itchiness stops.
- One of the best remedies for itchy scalp that most people have looked down upon is observing cleanliness. It is vital to clean the hair using appropriate hair shampoo on a weekly basis and treat it using hair conditioner. After that, oil the hair using the available hair food and avoid staying with the same hair style for long periods of time as this will lead to scalp dryness thus causing scalp itchiness. Even though most people find it costly to clean their hair, just like the body skin, the scalp also needs to be taken care of in order to look healthy, giving it food, oiling is therefore an obligation that should be seriously be considered.
- Moisturizing the scalp using coconut oil is also another remedy for itchy scalp. This is because coconut acts as a barrier between healthy and dry skin. For one to get best results it is advisable that the scalp should be cleaned using recommended shampoo or a mild soap then later rinse using clean water. The remedy should be repeated on a daily basis for three to four weeks. One can also melt the coconut oil and mix it with a shampoo which in turn is used to clean the hair or scalp. This is a very easy process of stopping itchiness that should also be repeated on a daily basis for three weeks.